Please join our Online Summer Reading Program!
- Read 20 minutes a day for 20 days to receive a prize bag and be entered into a drawing for more prizes.
- Special programs are planned during the summer for all ages! Attend an online program & receive a ticket for the prize drawing.
- A 10.00 Summer Library Card is available for those who are not Collegedale residents during the months of June—through August
What's different this year?
- Registration and book logs are all online. Visit the library's website (www.collegedalepubliclibrary.org) after Monday, May 25th to sign up.
- While reading 20 minutes a day for 20 days will complete the SRP and earn you a prize bag, you can choose to keep going! Another 20 minutes a day for 20 days will complete Part 2 of the Summer Reading Program to earn a bonus prize and another chance in our prize drawing.
- Programs and events will be streamed online. Craft programs will have take-home bags with supplies that you can pick up before the event.
There is a little confusion about how to count your dialy 20 minute reading sessions. This is how to use the site to record your reading sessions:
1. Choose the reader who is adding a reading session (you must choose a reader before you add sessions).
2. You can add a title, author, and rate your book, but all of those are optional. In the 3rd slot, please place a “1.” This is the number of 20 minute sessions that you completed today. You can only count 1 session per day no matter how many minutes you read.
3. Click on submit, and the website should add 1 point and 1 badge for each 20 minute session. To complete Part 1 of the Summer Reading Program, you will collect 20 badges and 20 points. To complete Part 2, you will collect 40 badges and 40 points.