Library Card Policy
The City of Collegedale provides a library card at no charge to Collegedale residents and for a fee to non-residents:
- $42 per year for individuals
- $60 per year per family
- $35 per year for seniors (age 60+)
- $45 per year for senior family (age 60+)
(Cash, check and credit/debit card accepted)
Name and Address Verification
Applicants for a library card must present government-issued photo identification and proof of address. If under age 18, a parent or legal guardian must present their photo identification.
- Up to 30 items may be checked out at one time per individual library card or 60 items per family card.
- Most items are checked out for 28 days. New books, seasonal books, DVDs and magazines are checked out for 7 days.
- Materials may be renewed one time provided they are not on a waiting list.
- A book and audiobook return box and a DVD return box are located behind the library.
- Materials will be automatically renewed for one loan period unless a Hold has been placed on the item.
- Outdoor return boxes are located behind the building—one for books and audiobooks and one for DVDs.
- All library materials except passes: 20 cents per day
- Passes: $4/day
All library policies are approved by the Library Board.
Title VI Complaints
Any person alleging discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin has a right to file a complaint within 180 days of the alleged discriminatory act. At the complainant’s discretion, the complaint can be filed with the Tennessee Human Rights Commission or the Tennessee Secretary of State’s Office. State Ttitle VI complaint form.